Friday 7 February 2014

January Birchbox Review

As I've already seen so many Glossybox reviews and I wasn't even impressed enough to try the products I decided to review my Birchbox for January.

Items I received in my box - not pictured is a gel eye mask


Rodial Glamtox Day Moisturiser
I was intrigued to try out this product as I had always seen them in magazines and in online stores but  would never buy them myself due to how expensive they are (the full size version of this moisturiser costs a whopping £75!).  Overall I found it to be a very light moisturiser despite being anti-ageing which are normally very rich and thick which suits my oily skin perfectly.  I also found it to be very hydrating and left my skin feeling really smooth and radiant.  If I could afford it I would definitely purchase so it's something I'll keep in mind for my future once I'm out of student budget life.

Delarom Aquaconfort Mask
To be honest I've only used this mask once since I received it because I have so many that I forget about it since it's such a small bottle haha!  The one time that I did use it though I found it to be very comfortable but I didn't notice much of a difference in the texture or brightness of my skin. I'll keep using it when I remember though so I might notice a change next time.


Benefit The Porefessional
I already own one of the full size size tubes of this product which I decided to get after I had used a sample I was given by the Benefit counter. It's perfect for my oily skin as it helps keep shine away from my t-zone for about 5-6 hours for and the rest of my makeup stays pretty much perfect. As I already have one I'll definitely repurchase unless something even better comes out in the future.

Anatomy Nutrients Body Oil
I'm a big fan of body oils as I don't have to hang around for ages before I put on my skinnies.  This particular one has a nice gentle scent and absorbs particularly fast without being greasy. The one issue I had with it was that after a few uses the spray started going a bit funny. Don't know if that's just an issue with the sample size bottle or not. I still have a few oils to get through so it's not something I'd buy in a hurry but I would recommend it to friends and family.


Phillip Kingsley Elasticizer
I've seen so many rave reviews about this in the blogosphere so I was excited to try it out myself. Admittedly I have only used it once but it did make my hair super soft (once I had straightened it) and my colour did appear to be brighter and stronger than before. I'd maybe buy it again because I didn't have to use a huge amount even on my long thick hair so cost per use for me might actually be quite low.

Overall a fantastic selection of products and I can't wait for my next delivery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! I read every single one and they mean so much to me!

Blog design by KotrynaBassDesign
);