Wednesday 26 February 2014

The Review - L'Oreal True Match Foundation and Lumi Magique Primer

So I thought it would be better to kill two birds with one stone in this review since I only ever use these two products together.





Up until about 3 weeks ago I was always a matte face lover purely due to my oily skin and thinking that it would make my makeup last longer if it was powdered.  However, back in December I saw a post by Liana Beauty on the L'Oreal True Match Foundation where she sang it's praises and gave it dupe status to the almighty Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation and thought I'd better take my first step into the glowy skin crew.



L'Oreal have a guide here to help you find your perfect shade of True Match from neutral, warm or cool tone but when I went to swatch it on myself in Boots I found I was more suited to N2 than N1 so it sort of made it easier for me.




This is a medium coverage foundation but it's also buildable and buffs into the skin really well. I have found that I'm actually using less concealer now that I use this foundation which can, in my opinion, only be a better thing for my skin and blemishes.  It gives a great glow to my skin that lasts all day and when my oily skin does start to push through it doesn't look weird.

The fantastic glow that I get with the True Match is probably in no small part due to the L'Oreal Lumi Magique Primer - I really need to try TM on it's own to get a real idea of it.



L'Oreal claim this primer "illuminates the skin" which it definitely does and that it gives "8 hours of hydration". Not so sure on that last claim as I have oily skin anyways so dry skinned gals this might be a good one for you.

I actually pair this with my Benefit Porefessional which helps to hold off the oil breakthrough, then the Lumi Magique gives me that ethereal glow - I use the term ethereal very loosely around me ha! 



It's a white pearlescent liquid primer and I only use this from my hairline down to the hollows of my cheeks as I feel it doesn't sit too well on the blemishes along my jawline.  Beware of that handy looking pump on the bottle though as it does tend to dispense quite a lot of product that goes to waste if you use a full pump.  Although it is pearlescent it isn't glittery and seems to blend into my skin a lot better than the similar MAC Strobe Cream and smoothes out my skin aswell - even when used without my Porefessional.

I feel that Lumi Magique is what has given such a boost to my base since I started using it along with True Match and will definitely be putting both onto my forever repurchase list.

L'Oreal True Match Foundation £9.99 at Boots
L'Oreal Lumi Magique Primer £9.99 at Boots

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! I read every single one and they mean so much to me!

Blog design by KotrynaBassDesign
);