Monday 10 March 2014

First Thoughts - March Birchbox

So my Birchbox for this month has literally just came through my door so I thought I'd do a first impressions post.

This months box has been curated in partnership with Lulu Guinness.

 These are the items I received in this months box.


I have previously received one of the English laundry fragrances in a past box but this one is No 7 with a more fruity scent as opposed to floral.  Also in my box was (yet another) body oil by Aroma Works. This contains coconut oil and I have to say its the best smelling body oil I think I've ever had - bar my Chanel No5 of course, nothing beats that.  Being a bit of a scaly handed girl due to my work *sad face* I go through hand cream like you wouldn't believe so I love it when I get free samples.  This one from Molton Brown is scented with Rhubarb and Rose with the predominant scent being the rhubarb.  There will be rigorous testing of this baby mainly because it smells SO good!  Dr Brant is a brand that I also received a few boxes ago but it was the microdermabrasion exfoliation cream.  This time around it's the Pores No More Pore Refiner. Now I'm well aware that I can't make my pores smaller but anything that helps to make them look smaller is good in my books. The next couple of week will see how this one stands up to my current favourite.  The final product I received (bar the stick of rock which will be getting donated because I don't like rock - boo) is Benefit's Stay Don't Stray Eyeshadow and Concealer Primer.  I already have a mini of this and had used it at my brothers wedding before I got my current supply.  Have to say I do love this but I will save the gushing for my full review at the end of the month.


Also in the box were a voucher for £20 off at Lulu Guinness when you spend over £100 - unfortunately this won't get used because I'm trying to save my pennies for my summer holiday.  The one that will get used though is for a free makeupper at a Benefit Beauty Bar (I'm assuming it's the same as a make over) and also to try their new Gimme Brow.  I was already considering buying Gimme Brow so I'll be dashing to my local Beauty Bar later this week to give it a go.

Overall it's a pretty good box and I'm excited to try out the new products.  Like I said I before will have my full review of the box at the end of the month so check back for that and I hope you have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Loving your blog hun, more people such definitely read it so I decided to nominate you for the Liebster Award xx http://coffeebeautylife.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I read every single one and they mean so much to me!

Blog design by KotrynaBassDesign
);