Friday 28 March 2014

My Dream Home : Hallway

I'd love my future hallway to be nice and bright and uncluttered.

But I also feel it's sets the tone for your whole house and is a place where you can give visitors an instant insight into your style with just a few small pieces.

It's also one of those spaces where you can be really bold with your flooring without it being too overpowering. I love the green hallway above for their mix of three different patterns in such a small space as the green carpet and accessories tie it all together.

These black doors with white trim make this simple hallway look chic and luxurious with easy changes.

Hallways can also be functional though, and this is a great way to display your books if you have lots of them but not a lot of space in your living room or and office space to store them.

I added these in purely because or their size and how light and open they are. I see so many homes for sale in Edinburgh with large hallways that don't have a huge amount of natural light but the owners always have dark wood and fabrics and it makes them feel really gloomy and cold in my opinion.

All images from Pinterest

1 comment:

  1. I too am a Pinterest addict and often find myself planning my dream home. Big stairway is a must!

    Efia @ Effy Talks Life xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I read every single one and they mean so much to me!

Blog design by KotrynaBassDesign
);