Wednesday 21 May 2014

May Birchbox Review

This has got to have been my most favourite Birchbox ever!  It was a collaboration with Harpers Bazaar and I love the design of the box - The box was actually printed this month which is much better than the sleeve than came with the Lulu Guinness box of a few months past.


I don't even know where to start with this beauty!

Soigne Nail Lacquer in Creme au Beurre
The packaging for this polish is the most beautiful thing I have seen.  The cap is a gorgeous purpley-brown that kind of reminds me of the Charlotte Tilbury range  It applies really smoothly and two coats gave a really opaque finish even in such a nude shade.  At £11 per bottle this covered the whole cost of the box - wowzers! Nice one Birchbox *kisses*

Aromatherapy Associates Revive Bath and Shower Oil
I already have one of these oils that I bought from Space NK but I still haven't used it yet...again I still haven't used this one ha!  I do love the scent though and it will get used in the future but I just can't bear to not have any to sniff...weirdo!

Beauty Protector Protect and Shampoo/Protect and Condition
I've already had a sample of this brands hair oil so I was really excited to try out this shampoo and conditioner duo.  Unfortunately due to the ridiculous amount of hair on my noggin I was only able to get one use out of these samples.  It did leave my hair feeling super soft and silky though and it had a really nice scent too.  One thing I didn't really like though was that the conditioner was prettyy runny which I found a bit difficult to get onto my hair properly.

Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish
This is a product I have been wanting to try for aaaaaaages.  Unfortunately, taking part in a skincare trial does tend to play havoc with getting skincare samples, so alas I haven't tried it out yet.  It will be first on my list in six weeks time though!

Benefit They're Real Mascara
What a gem this is!  My sister in law already swears by this and was pretty surprised that I didn't already own it when I told her this was in my box.  I must admit I was a bit apprehensive as I've read some reviews where some people felt it didn't make any difference to their lashes.  Not the case for me though!  It did actually look like I had falsies on!  My lashes are naturally pretty long anyways so I was amazed at how long this made them.  I didn't get any clumping with this mascara and I'll definitely by buying a full size once this one runs out.

Overall an epic box and I can't wait until my next one comes in.

2 comments:

  1. that's indeed such a pretty box! and the contents do not disappoint! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I read every single one and they mean so much to me!

Blog design by KotrynaBassDesign
);